Tuesday, January 19, 2010

UA's Volleyball Coach Judy Green announces retirement after 2010 season

By Dan Harralson

Judy Green has made an announcement today that her 15th season as UA's volleyball head coach will be her last at the university. Green is Alabama's longest tenured volleyball coach and will say goodbye after the upcoming season. Alabama has made three NCAA Tournament appearances, including the school's first in 2005, followed by appearances in 2006 and 2007. Green won the SEC Western Division titles in 2000 and 2004 and the championship game of the final SEC tournament in 2005. Green coached at the University of Montevallo for 10 seasons, leading them to seven top-10 NAIA finishes, before taking the head coaching position at The University of Alabama.

Judy Green on her announcement to retire:

"I have been very fortunate in my coaching career to work at two outstanding universities with the pinnacle being The University of Alabama, however I have decided at this time to announce my coaching retirement from Alabama at the end of the 2010 season. This decision was certainly not an easy one to reach because of my deep love and utmost respect for coaching and for the University. Representing the Crimson Tide and competing at the highest level in the nations' most successful athletic conference, the SEC, has brought me much joy and I am very proud of what I have been able to accomplish with the volleyball program here. The foundation is built and with the opening of Foster Auditorium it is a great time for a new coach to make their mark and continue to move the volleyball program forward on a national level, and I know Coach Mal Moore will be able to attract another outstanding coach."

No comments:

Post a Comment